Guidelines on the Comprehensive Exam of Thesis
- The student must enroll in the Comprehensive Exam activity in the current semester.
- The student must fill out the Official Letter for Scheduling the Comprehensive Exam or the Thesis and send it to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The student’s adviser is responsible for appointing the examining committee, which must be in accordance with PPGSP Internal Regulations:
Article 56. The comprehensive exam committee shall be composed of professors with qualified training, including the adviser and a substitute, and its members shall be appointed by the Adviser and designated by the Graduate Program or the Course Coordination.
§3º. For PhD, the committee must consist of a minimum of five (5) members:
I. By the student’s adviser;
II. At least one faculty member linked to the PPGSP;
III. A professor, researcher or professional external to the PPGSP, prioritizing the one linked to the UFC and who meets the requirements regarding the respective degrees and qualifications (Amendment approved at the PPGSP committee meeting on January 12, 2021);
IV. A professor, researcher or professional external to the PPGSP and the UFC who meets the requirements regarding the respective degrees and qualifications;
V. By a substitute (PPGSP faculty member) who must have mastery of the theme or methodology of the thesis project.
§4º. In the case of co-supervision, the respective professor may be a fifth (5th) member of the examining committee.
- The student needs to send proof of submission of a scientific article. As provided in Article 42 of the Internal Regulations:
V. To be qualified for the comprehensive exam of the Thesis project, it is mandatory to have at least one (1) article submitted for publication in a journal recognized by Qualis in the area of Collective Health (in force during the referred period) classified at the level B2 or higher.
- The secretariat registers the committee in the UFC academic system (SIGAA) and reserves the classroom or the virtual web conference room.
- After the comprehensive exam, the adviser must forward the minute signed by the examining committee members to the email: email@example.com .
- The secretariat consolidates the comprehensive exam activity with the concept: Approved or Not Approved.