The Graduate Program in Public Health at the UFC is committed to fostering, among students and advisors, ethical principles, and the culture of ethics and integrity in research.
Resolution CNS 196/96, item II.2, considers research with human beings to be those carried out in any area of knowledge and that, directly or indirectly, involve individuals or collectivities, in their entirety or parts, including the management of information and materials. Thus, interviews, questionnaires, use of databases, use of medical records, etc. are also considered research involving human beings.
The academic research has specific flows within each Research Ethics Committee, and the projects are sent to the CEPs via the Brazil platform (https://plataformabrasil.saude.gov.br/login.jsf).
The PPGSP/UFC has two research ethics committees. The first, the Research Ethics Committee of the Federal University of Ceará (CEP/UFC/PROPESQ), established in 2005, and the CEP of the Walter Cantídio University Hospital, which was approved in 2006. Research submitted and approved by other IRBs accredited by the National Research Ethics Committee (CONEP) of the Ministry of Health is also admitted.
The following lists sites and materials useful for ensuring integrity in research and writing scientific papers.
- National Health Council (CNS)
- National Research Ethics Committee (CONEP)
- Brazil Platform
- Research Ethics Committee – Walter Cantídio University Hospital (CEP/HUWC)
- UFC Research Ethics Committee (CEP/UFC/PROPESQ)
- Research Ethics Committee of the School of Public Health of Ceará
Ethical guidelines and tips in publishing
- Brazilian Academy of Sciences (Rigor and Integrity in the Conduct of Scientific Research: A Guide to Recommendations for Responsible Practice)
- Committee on Publishing Ethics Guidelines
Ethical guidelines on conduct and publications